Build 'n Bump
Inspired by the classic DOS game Jump 'n Bump, Build 'n Bump is a multiplayer-only, 2D head-stomping brawler where you build your own levels right before you play on them! It features...
- 2-6 players simultaneously (4 controllers, 2 on keyboard)
- Local and online multiplayer (between two computers only)
- The ability to save and load created levels
- Five block types to build with (regular, spring, platform, spike, and dissolving)
- Practice mode against stationary targets
- "Level master" mode where one player edits the level in real-time while everyone else fights
The game was packaged with Node Webkit, which allowed me to deliver it as a native app across multiple operating systems. I used the socket.io library to facilitate online play and the greenworks library to implement Steam achievements. The robot characters were drawn by me, but most of the other art assets were taken from various royalty free icon packs. The music was provided by Kevin MacLeod, with the sound effects coming from DrPetter's SFXR program.